According to Wikipedia, Castor oil is a vegetable oil which is obtained by pressing the seeds of the castor oil plant.
Castor oil is usually a colorless or often a pale yellow liquid which will have a dinstinct taste when usually ingested.
However, Castor oil and its so called derivatives are often used in the manufacturing of soaps, Lubricants, paints, dyes, inks, perfumes, cold resistant plastics, polishes and many others.
Castor oil is considered a natural home remedy for a varieties of things because it is filled with Vitamin E, Proteins and minerals. It is also has anti-fungal and antibacteria properties which makes it virtually a cure for anything.
Although, the taste of castor oil when administered orally might seem a little bit unpleasant but it has some uses that does not require you to taste it.
Even as Castor oil has been known to help pregnant women to induce labour, it is not always advisable to consume it without doctors consent as it may interact with other medications.
However, even as castor oil is considered safe and effective, Castor oil also has its own side effects and should always be used with caution as we all know that anything that has an advantage must surely have a disadvantage and too much of everything is not good as everything should be done with minimal caution.
Morever, before you make use of Castor oil, always conduct a basic allergy test. All you have to do is put a few drops of Castor oil on your arm and leave it overnight. Then if you experience any form of itching, rashes or redness, that means you might be allergic to it.
Oral administration of Castor oil can also cause nausea, diarhea, abdominal pain also weakness.
Listed below are other uses of Castor oil;
1. It serves as a lubricant for Utensils.
Castor oil can make a wonderful lubricant for Scissors, all you have to do is rub a little bit of Castor oil on your Scissors or any other Utensils and let it sit for a while after then you can now wipe with a clean paper towel or clean cloth.
2. Castor oil can be Used To Soothe The Eyes.
Castor oil usually works great to remove tiredness from just around the eyes and often works much like petroleum jelly. All you have to do is rub a little bit around your eyes and let it soak overnight and you will be surprised at how refreshed you will be the next morning.
3. Healthy Lips.
Many do not know the wonders of Castor oil on the lips. Castor oil helps to heal dry and cracked lips just by simply rubbing a little bit of it on your lips. And in case you don't know, Castor oil is often added to many lip remedies we get over the counter.
4. Healthy Skin.
Castor oil can usually be beneficial to the skin in so many ways;
- Castor oil usually have healing properties which can in turn help to heal skin inflamations such as Sun burn and Acne. All you need is just to dip a cotton ball into a Castor oil and apply directly to the affected area of the skin, leave it for an hour before washing it off.
- Castor oil can be used as a moisturizer which leaves the skin smooth, supple and revitalized. All you have to do is just to clean your face and gently massage the castor oil in a circular motion.
Other uses of Castor oil on the skin includes; prevention of stretch marks, fade blemnishes and reduction of pigmentation.
5. Hair Benefits.
Castor oil is generally considered to be beneficial to the hair in so many ways of which includes;
- It promotes hair growth: Just by everyday massaging of scalp with Castor oil can give you thicker and longer hair.
- Using Castor oil on hair can help to treat scalp infections like bald patches and dandruff.
Other uses of Castor oil for the hair includes; treating ringworms, for prevention of pre-mature hair graying, and also be used as hair conditioner.
To Know more about Castor oil benefits, check it out on Balancemebeautiful