Born Uchenna Jennifer Eze popularly known as Uche Eze Pedro , is an award winning Nigerian blogger, Media Tech Entrepreneur and Social media expert known for her blog Bellanaija.
Uche Eze is the founder and owner of Bellanaija, a celebrity blog for entertainment and lifestyle.
She initially started the blog to overcome boredom after which she visited Nigeria and saw the need for improvements in fashion and entertainment industry. She started the blog on a free platform “Bellanaija.blogspot.com” of which she took as a hobby while posting articles, interviews and pictures. Uche moved the site to Bellanaija.com when the blog started to receive millions views in a month.
Uche realized the potential of what she has got and went ahead to also build the busines where Bellanaija has different brands such as BellaNaija Style and BellaNaija Weddings.
Uche Eze has been rated by PUNCH as the No 22nd person amongst the 100 people that shaped the year 2008 and was also listed among the 30 Most Promising Young Entrepreneurs in Africa by Forbes Magazine Online in 2014 and 2015.
Here are the 9 other things you probably don’t know about her.
1. She was born on July 26, 1984.
2. She had her primary and secondary education in Nigeria and obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario, Canada.
3. She has two siblings, Stephanie Eze and Nkechi Christine Eze.
4. She founded her blog Bellanaija in 2006.
5. Prior to establishing her website, Uche has worked for Shell Canada, Cadbury Middle East.
6. Uche got married on June 16, 2012 to Bode Adegboyega Pedro, son of former deputy governor of Lagos state. She and her husband are blessed with a set of twins.
7. Uche has won numerous awards such as:
- Social and Digital Media Person of the Year at Spice Lifestyle Honors (2018)
- Innovation/Invention Award at ELOY Awards (2017)
- Bellanaija – Best Blog at Beatz Awards
- BellaNaija Style – Fashio Blog of the Year (Africa) at Glitz Style Award (2017)
- Bellanaija – Most popular site at African Entertainment Award (2016)
- Best African Blogger at Kids Choice Awards (2016)
- Young Media Entrepreneur Award at the British Council (2013)
- Young Media Entrepreneur of the Year at the Future Awards (2013)
- Online Publication of the Year at FAB Awards (2012)
8. She has also been recognized for the following:
- Forbes 30 Most Promising Entrepreneur in Africa
- QUARTZ list of 30 Africa Innovators
- Nigeria’s 100 Most Inspiring Women
- Ventures Africa – Most Influential CEO’s of 2015
9. Uche Eze Pedro who earns her income from her blog through Google Adsense, direct adverts and sponsored post, is one of the most influential media entrepreneur with an estimated net worth of $4 million.
Social Media Profile
Instagram – @michelledded