Mai Atafo whose real name is Ohimai Atafo is an award winning Nigerian tailor born on November 15, 1977.
He is native of Edo state who came to limelight through the ‘Celebrity Takes Two’ Dance reality show where he styled top celebrities and also for his brand Mai Atafo Inspired.
Mai Atafo is an inspirational fashion designer and a goal getter who knows what he wants and strives hard to achieve it. With this in mind, most people wants to know more about his biography, his collections and designs including suits and wedding dresses, his contact or even his wife. Below are the answers to all your questions.
EARLY LIFE & BACKGROUND
Mai Atafo is a professional designer born in Ile-Ife, Osun sate into a family of 10, 6 brothers and 2 sisters.
He attended University staff school in Benin and Federal Government College, Ido-Ano in Ondo state for his primary and secondary education.
Mai obtained a Bachelors degree in Agricultural Economics and extension from Edo State University, Ekpoma and a masters degree in Information Systems and Technology from City University, London.
Mai Atafo returned back from the UK in 2002 where he had spent 7 years working in different positions in the marketing department at British American Tobacco Nigerian to Guiness Nigeria PLC in 2007. He left his role as a Senior brand manager in 2010 to venture into fashion full time.
Mai Atafo started a Bespoke clothing label; Mai Atafo Inspired which gained media recognition with celebrities like Banky W, Ik Osakioduwa and Omowunmi Akinnifesi showing their support for the brand. Atafo also launched a wedding line ‘Weddings By Mai’ in 2011.
Mai Atafo got married to his sweetheart, Christine Atafo and their union is blessed with a beautiful daughter. He is also a lover of music and sports.
AWARDS & NOMINATIONS
Mai Atafo has been recognized for his efforts and contributions through his designs and styles in the fashion industry. He has won numerous awards which include:
- Hottest New Male Designer at 2009 City People Fashion and style
- 2010 Mode New Fashion Designer Of The Year
- 2010 Mode Men, Best Dressed Men Of The Year
- 2010 FAB Magazine, Fashion Brand Of The Year
- 2011 Allure, Most Stylish Man Of The Year
- 2011 This Day Style, Best Dressed Man
- 2103 GLITZ Designer of The Year
- 2015 Heineken Lagos Fashion Fashion and Design Week, Menswear Designer Of The Year
- 2016 – Abryanz Style and Fashion Award, Fashion Designer Of The Year, West Africa
- 2017 – Abryanz Style and Fashion Award, Style Fashion Icon Achievement Award
MAI ATAFO CONTACT
- Instagram @maitaafo
- Phone number +234 700 62428236
- Email Address: Info@maiatafo.com
- Physical Address: Omorinre Johnson, Lekki, Lagos Nigeria
- Website address: www.maiatafo.com