Katherine Ann Moss popularly known as Kate Moss is a British model, fashion designer and entrepreneur born on January 16, 1974 in London.
Kate grew up in the Addiscombe area of the borough and attended Ridge way primary school and Riddlesdown high school in Purley.
She was first discovered in 1988 at age 14 by founder of Storm Model Management, Sarah Doukas at JFK Airport in New York City.
Her fashion icon status was made with her collaboration with Calvin Klein and was known for her waifish figure and role in size zero fashion.
Kate has her own clothing range and has been involved in a lot of musical projects.
She was faced with drug allegations which led to her being dropped from fashion campaigns but was later cleared of all charges and resumed back her modelling career.
Moss was also second in Forbes top earning models list in 2012 with an estimated earnings of $9.2 million.
She’s beautiful and has an attractive body figure with a height of 5 feet 7 inches.
Here are the 10 other interesting things you don’t know about her.
1. She is the daughter of Peter Edward Moss(Father) who is a travel agent and Linda Rosina (Mother) a Barmaid.
2. She has a younger brother named Nick and a half sister Lottie.
3. Her parents divorced when she was only 13 years old.
4. She has featured in ad campaigns for several brands such as Gucci, Dior, Dolce & Gabanna, Calvin Klein, Alexander McQueen, Yves Saint Lauren, Givenchy, Versace, chanel, Roberto Cavalli and so on.
5. She has worked with top photographers such as Mario Testino, Mario Sorenti, Steven Klein, Juergen Teller, Steven Meisel and Peter Lindbergh.
6. She has starred in numerous movies such as The Boy in the dress and Zoolander. She appeared in quite a number of music videos such as “I Just Don’t Know What To Do With Myself” by the White Stripes, “Something About the way you look tonight” by Elton John, “Love Don’t Bother Me” by Stage Dolls, and “Queenie Eye” by Paul McCartney.
7. Kate has a daughter named Lila Grace Moss-Hack with Jefferson Hack whom she was in a relationship with for a number of years in the early 2000’s.
8. She was married to Jamice Hince in 2011 before they divorced in 2016. She had also dated the likes of Nikolai Von Bismarck and Pete Doherty.
9. She received the model of the year award at the British Fashion Awards in November 2006 and was also given a special recognition award at the British Fashion awards for her contribution in the fashion for over 25 years. She was voted 9th Maxim’s “50 sexiest woman of 1999” and 22nd in FHM’s “100 Sexiest omen of 1995”. She also won the sexiest woman NME Award in March 2007.
10. Kate Moss is one of the most influential British model with an estimated net worth of $80 million dollars.
You can reach her on Instagram @katemossagency