Beautiful and charming Idia Aisien is a Nigerian model, tv presenter and philanthropist who is very passionate to change the way Africa is viewed.
Idia Aisien joined the entertainment industry in 2015 where she started off her career as a tv presenter but all that was just a stepping stone as she discovered herself in a more fulfilling area where she unveiled the international initiative in Africa, the IDIA Project, an NGO whose main objective is to change the way the Africa continent is seen. Idia knows she has a large following and so she uses the media to achieve her aim.
Idia’s philanthropist mindset came to being as a result of their mother taking her and other siblings out to the less privileged home for a visit or sometimes to celebrate her birthday.
At the age of 15, Idia already became passionate about it where she used the proceeds from her first modeling job, UNICEF Charity fashion show to do the two things she loved, giving back and modeling.
No doubt, Idia who describes herself as a fun loving, elegant, smart and sophisticated, has been able to achieve more as a model, television presenter and philanthropist.
Here are the 10 other interesting things you probably don’t know about her.
1. She was born on July 4, 1991 in Lagos state part of Nigeria.
2. She is of Nigeria and Cameroon ethnicity.
3. Her father, Dr. Joe Aisien is a Nigerian champagne, wine and spirits magnate while her mother, Emmanuella Aisien is a Cameroonian jeweler.
4. Idia is the last of twelve children.
5. She attended Atlantic Hall High school in Lagos before she relocated to the United States where she obtained a Bachelors degree in Journalism from American University in Washington DC and a masters degree in International Public Relations and Global Corporate Communications from New York University.
6. Prior to fame, Idia has worked with the likes of Fox 5 News, the AARP Foundation, Discovery Communications, the Foreign Policy initiative, the United Nations and Atlas Mara.
7. Aisien has modeled for top brands which include Vogue, LAN, Black Opal, J Brand, Nivea, BMW, Pleet, Jovani, Nikki Angelique and so on. She has also graced the walk for Africa designers such as Ituen Basi, Deola Sagoe, Lanre Da Silva and many more.
8. Aisien has an amazing height of 5 feet 11 inches and weighs 59kg.
9. Idia is the host of You Got Issues ans Style 101 on Spice tv and the mega millions lottery draw on Silverbird.
READ ALSO: Nancy Isime Biography, Movies & Pictures
10. Idia Aisien has won numerous awards and also got nominated for The Future Awards Africa Prize for On Air Personality.
Social Media Profile
Instagram – @doctoridia
Twitter – @idiaAisien