Bola Ahmed Adekunle Tinubu also known as Jagaban of Lagsos state, is an accountant and politician born on March 29, 1952.
He is a former and 12th Governor of Lagos state holding office from May 29, 1999 to May 29, 2007.
Bola Tinubu took over from Buba Marwa (Military admin.) and was succeeded by Babatunde Fashola.
Here are the other 10 interesting facts you probably don’t know about him.
1. Bola Tinubu attended St John’s primary school, Aroloya, Lagos and Childrens Home school in Ibadan for his education.
2. He obtained a Bachelors degree in Accounting at Chicago state University.
3. Tinubu worked for American companies likes Deloitte, Arthur Andersen Haskins and GTE Services Corporation.
4. He began his political career in 1992 under the platform of social democratic party which had the likes of Shehu Musa Yar’Adua, Dapo Sarumi and Yomi Edu.
5. After the results of the June 12, 1993 presidential election was cancelled, Bola Ahmed Tinubu became a founding member of the prodemocracy National Democratic Coalition, a group which mobilized support for the restoration of democracy and recognition of the results of June 12.
6. Bola Tinubu was a protege of Alliance for Democarcy (AD) leaders Abram Adesanya and Ayo Adebanjo in the run up to the 1999 elections. He eventually won the AD primaries for the Lagos state gubernatorial elections in competition with Funsho Williams and Wahab Dosunmu.
7. Tinubu assumed office in May, 1999 as the governor of Lagos state for a period of eight years.
8. Bola Tinubu is married to Oluremi Tinubu.
9. His mother, chief Abibatu Mogaji died on June 15, 2014 at the age of 96 and he also lost his son Jide Tinubu to cardiac arrest in London.
10. Bola Tinubu is one of the most influential politician in Nigeria with many properties within the country. He has mansion and landed properties at Lekki, a hotel (Oriental hotel, Lagos) at Victoria Island and fleet of cars including a G wagon. He has an estimated net worth of $32.7 billion.