L.A.X whose real name is Damilola Abdul Razaq Afolabi is a Nigerian singer and song writer born on April 10, 1993.
L.A.X profile (Summary)
- Real Name: Damilola Abdul Razaq Afolabi
- Also Known as: L.a.x
- Date of Birth: April 10, 1993
- Place of Birth: Lagos state
- Origin: London, United kingdom
- Occupation(s): Singer, song writer, performer
- Genres: Afrobeat, Fuji, Afro pop
- Record label: Starboy(former), Rasaki Music Group
- Instagram: @izzlax
- Twitter: @izzlax
Life & Career
L.A.X was born in Lagos, Nigeria to a billionaire father, Taiwo Afolabi who is the CEO pf Sifax group.
He had his primary and secondary education at Turkish international school, Lagos where he formed a music group called Flyboiz while releasing a single titled “Busy body”.
He later left the group to further his education in the United kingdom where he started recording songs and shot several videos.
He released his major single “Jaye” in 2012 where he enlist the vocals of Super Cool Cat boss, Ice Prince.
He came back to Nigeria and was fortunate to have met with Wizkid through his stylist and went on to sign his first recording contract deal with Starboy Entertainment.
Upon his contract with Starboy, L.A.X collaborated with Wizkid on a new single “CARO”. The song gained massive airplay as he was fully introduced into the Nigerian music industry.
Sequel to the success of CARO, L.A.X enlist the amazing sel auto tuned voice of Wizkid on another single titled “Ginger”.
In August 2014, the talented Afro pop singer completed his master’s degree program from the Univeristy of Manchester.
- Jaye ft. Ice Prince
- Looking for me ft. Shyce, T.I.J & Bolly
- Caro ft. Wizkid
- Ginger ft. Wizkid
- Fine Boy ft. Olamide
- Open and Close
- Ole ft. Dremo & Ycee
- Gimme Dat
- Awon Da
- Big Daddy
- Call My Baby
Awards & Nominations
- Hottest single of the year for “Caro” at 2014 Nigeria Entertainment awards
- Diaspora artist of the year at 2014 Nigeria Entertainment Award
- Best Collabration for the song “Ginger” at 2014 BEN Television Awards.