Here, we have compiled a list of most of them for you to know more about. See below:
1. Mountain Fig
Ficus glumosa (Moraceae)
- The juice from the root is used to treat cough and difficulty in breathing.
- The bark is often boiled and used for diarrhea treatment.
2. Bush Fig
Ficus sur (Moraceae)
- The leaves are used as fodder for livestock.
- The roots can also be boiled with potash and used o treat intestinal worms.
Ficus sycamorus (Moraceae)
- The leaves can be used to make traditonal soups and can also be used to treat jaundice.
- The latex can be used in treating cough
4. Gmelina Tree
Gmelina arborea (Verbenaceae)
- The leaves can be used as fodder live stock
- It can be used as a source of timber
- It can be used for treating different ailments such as diarrhoea, dysentery, food poisoning, menstrual pain, chicken pox and small pox.
5. Jan Yaro (Fulafulfulde)
Hymenocardia acida (Hymenocardiaceae)
The root can be boiled and used as aphrodisiacs in men.
The ripe fruit is also used to cure deafness.
Khaya senegalensis (Meliaceae)
- The bark can be soaked in water and ingested to clear intestinal worms in both humans and animals.
- The pounded bark is often used to treat bile in cattles.
- The oil from the seed is usually used to treat arthritis and skin rashes.
- The latex from the bark is used to cure ear pain.
- It can be used to make furniture and musical instruments.
7. Bakin Faru
Lannea acida (Anacardiaceae)
While the boiled bark can be used as treatment for pile, the infusion from the bark is used to treat stomach troubles.
The root bark can be used to treat skin infection.
The leaves can be used as an astringent and remedy for toot ache.
Mangifera indica (Anacardiaceae)
- The fruit juie can be taken to treat jaundice
- The boiled bark and leaves can be used to treat fever.
- The decoctionfrom the frsh leaves can be used to treat diarrhoea.
- It helps to Improve digestion.
- It can be used for the skin as it helps to clear clogged pores.
- It helps t promote good eyesight and prevents night blindness.
- Mango leaves helps to normalize insulin levels in the blood and thereby may help with diabetes.
9. Moringa (Zogale)
Moringa oleifera (Moringaceae)
- The root is used for treating epilepsy and convulsions.
- The leaf juice can be applied to the eyes for treating eye problems.
- The seeds is also used for water purification.
- It is used for arthritis and other joint pain.
- It is used for treatment of heart problems and high blood pressure.
10. African Peach.
Nauclea latifolia (Anacardiaceae)
- The root can be boiled in potash to treat gonorrhea and stomach upset.
- It is used to treat some ailments such as malaria, general pain and many other infectious disease.
Anacardium occidentale (Anacardiacae)
- The Cashew is usually eaten as food.
- The nuts can be used for medicinal purposes.
- It can be used for stomach and intestinal ailments.