Google is an American multinational technology company that focuses on internet related services and products such as Search engine, cloud computing, software and hardware.
Google is a subsidiary of Alphabets which has Larry Page as its CEO.
Google services is beyond search engine (Google search), as it provides other services such as Google Docs, Gmail, Google drive for cloud storage, Google plus for social net working and video chats, Google photos fo photo organizing and editing to mention a few.
Here are the 10 other interesting things you probably don’t know about Google.
1. Google was founded in September 4, 1998 in Menlo Park, California, U.S.
2. It was founded by the duo Larry Page and Sergey Brin.
3. It has its headquaters at 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain view, California, U.S.
4. Sunday Pichar necame the CEO of Google replacing Larry Page who became the CEO of the parent compant ALphabet.
5. Google originally began in January 1996 as a research project by Larry Page and Sergey Brin when they were both PHD students at Stanford University in Stanford, California.
6. Page and Brin initially named the search engine “Back Rub” before eventually changing it to Google.
7. The name “Google” came up as a mispelling of the word “Googol”.
8. Google had originally ran under Standford University’s website with the domain google.stanford.edu and z.standford.edu.
9. According to Alexa, Google.com is the most visited website in the world and also has several other services such as Youtube and Blogger in the top 100 of the most visited websites.
10. From the outset, Google’s mission statement was to organize the world’s information and make it universally available and useful.