and activist who was a leader in the Civil Rights Movement.
He is best known for his role in the advancement of civil rights using non-violent civil disobedience based on his christian beliefs.
Marthin Luther King Jr. had a dream and so do you...Below are the 21 quotes from Marthin Luther King Jr. that will inspire you to greatness.
1. Darkness caanot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
2. I have a decided to stick to love...Hate is too great a burden to bear.
3. Faith is taking the first step even when you can't see the whole staircase.
4. There comes a time when silence is betrayal.
5. Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
6. If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.
7. That old law about an eye for an eye leaves everybody blind. The time is right to do the right thing.
8. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
9. Intelligence plus character- that is the goal of true education.
10. A man who won't die for something is not fit to live.
11. No one really knows why they are alive until they know what they'd die for.
12. forgiveness is not an occassional attitude, it is a constant attitude.
13. If a man is called a street sweeper, he should sweep the streets so well that all the host of heaven and earth will pause to say, 'Here lived a street sweeper who did his job well'
14. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.
15. People failed to get along because they fear each other; they fer each other because they don't know each other; they don't know each other because they have not commuinicated with each other.
16. The quality, not the longevity of one's life is important.
17. We are not makers of history. We are made by history.
18. Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
19. There can be no deep disappointment where there is no deep love.
20. Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy to a friend.
21. Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed.