Alex Honnold is a professional American rock climber known for his free-solo ascents of big walls.
Alex rose to fame after climbing the world’s most famous rock face, El Captain without any ropes, a style of climbing known as free-soloing.
Honnold who started climbing at the age of five, is the first person in the world to climb the 3,000 foot vertical wall.
Here are the 10 other interesting things about him.
1. Ale Honnold was born on August 17, 1985 in Sacramento California.
2. He attended Mira Loma High School and also studied Civil Engineering at University of California, Berkeley and later dropped out.
3. He started climbing in a climbing gym at the age of 5 and had participated in many national and international youth climbing championships as a teenager.
4. He bought a house in Las Vegas area in 2017.
5. Alex is also a Vegetarian and doesn’t drink alcohol.
6. Alex is a philanthropist who started the Honnold foundation in 2012.
7. He has a height of 1.8 m.
8. He has won numerous awards such as the “Golden Piton” for his climbing achievements.
9. He is an atheist and also an avid reader with interests in classic literature, environmentalism and economics.
10. Alex Honnold is one of the most influential American climber with an estimated net worth of $2 million.
Social Media Profile
Twitter – @AlexHonnold