Allen Ifeanyichukwu Onyema a Nigerian business man and philanthropist born in 1994.
Onyema was born and raised in Benin City, Warri to be precise but originally hails from Anambra state.
He is the owner of Air peace, a private Nigerian airline which was founded in 2013 with its headquarters in Lagos State.
Allen became known during the Xenophobic attack in South Africa where he had offered his Air peace planes to help Nigerians get back into the country from South Africa. Of course he was recognized and recommended collectively by the members of the House of Representatives for his selfless service.
Chief Allen had organized the “1st Nigeria Forever Project” in 2005 with the support of the Federal Government.
He attended Government College, Ugheli and also studied Law at the University of Ibadan.
Onyema was called to the Nigerian Bar in 1989 and started his legal practice in 1990 at the Law firm of Nwizugbo & Company. He later left the law firm to establish his own, Onyema & Co.
Allen Onyema relocated to Lagos in 1990 where he had struggled to make ends meet with the hope to get a law firm to work with.
He later met late Chief Vincent Amobi who offered him a job at his chamber and was placed on a salary level after some probational months.
Barrister Allen Onyema went on with his work until he won his first case. His accomplishment was rewarded as he was later made the head of the chamber in 1992.
Allen got introduced to real estate business where he started making money. This had made him resigned from Nwizigbo & Company and went on to establish his own law firm., Onyema & Co.
Onyema founded Air peace in 2013 as a private Nigerian airline, although the process had began as far back in 2007 but was delayed due to many hassles. Today, Air peace has been known to provide services to the major cities in Nigeria as well as other countries such as Senegal, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ghana, United Arab Emirates, USA, Gambia and so on.
Onyema got married to his beautiful wife Alice Ojochida Onyema who is from Kogi state in 1993 and their union is blessed with four children.
Chief Onyema was accused of bank and money laundering which was leveled against him by the United State Justice Department, an allegation which he denied.
According to him, he said “the allegations are false and in no way in line with my character as a person and as a business man”.
Awards & Recognition
Allen Onyema has been recognized for his effort and some of them include:
- The 2007 Martin Luther King Global Award for pioneering Nonviolence Education in West Africa.
- Hope for Humanity Award from the Rotary Club.
- 2006 Africa Leadership Merit Award from Africa International News Magazine.
- L&M leader of the month award in 2019 for demonstration of compassion and meeting a need.
Watch Onyema’s interview below:
Allen Onyema is one of the most influential Nigerian businessman with an estimated net worth of up to $300m.
Check out other interesting facts about Allen Onyema you probably do not know.
- Allen Onyema is from Mbosi town in Anambra state. He is an original Igbo man.
- He is the first in a family of 9 children.
- His wife is an Igala woman from Kogi state.
- He started Air peace out of passion to create jobs for Nigerians and not for the money involved.
- 7 of Allen Onyema aircraft are named after his family. The executive jet was named after his father, Michael. One Domeier 328 jet has Helen (late mum) on it. The other Domier 328 has Ojochide (his wife) on it. The first four B737 has the names of his four children.
Credit: Nigerianwiki, Pulse, 360dopes.com