Bold and beautiful Aisha Buhari was born as Aisha Halilu on February 17, 1971.
Aisha Buhari is well known as the first lady and wife of the Nigerian president, Muhammadu Buhari who assumed role from President Goodluck Jonathan.
She assumed her role as the first lady of Nigeria on May 29, 2015 with Patience Jonathan being the former first lady.
Aisha is a business woman who managed a beauty salon and spa named Hanzy Spa before closing it down after her husband became the president of Nigeria.
She’s also a philanthropist and a vocal advocate of women’s rights and children’s rights.
Here are the 10 other interesting things you probably don’t know about her:
1. Aisha Buhari was born on February 17, 1971 in Adamawa state, Northeastern Nigeria.
2. Her grand father, Alhaji Muhammadu Rinadu was Nigeria’s first minister of defence. Her father was a civil engineer while her mother is a descendant of the Ankali family, renowned farmers.
3. She has 5 Siblings; Musa Halilu Ahmed, Zainab Umar Shinkafi, Modi Halilu, Usman Halilu, Hameed Halilu.
4. She had her primary and secondary education in Adamawa state.
5. She obtained a bachelor of arts degree in Public administration from Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria and a master’s degree in international affiars and strategic studies from the Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna.
6. She also obtained a diploma in beauty theray from Carlton Institute of Beauty Therapy, Windsor, United Kingdom. She also holds a post-graduate diploma in cosmetology and beauty from Academy Esthetique Beauty Institute of France.
7. She got married to her husband, Muhammadu Buhari on December 2, 1989 and became a step mother to 5 children from Buhari’s previous marriage to Safinatu Yusuf. Aisha and Buahri have 5 children; Halima, Zarah, Yusuf, Aisha and Amina.
8. She’s also the author of the book “Essentials of Beauty Therapy: A Complete Guide for Beauty Specialists”.
9. Although Aisha has not been said to be a lover of luxuries, but she has been spotted with a bag worth between $69,000 to $89,000.
10. Aisha Buhari net worth is currently estimated at a net worth of $10 million dollars.
You can contact her on Facebook – Aisha Muhammadu Buhari Twitter @aishambuhari