- Full name: Unathi Msengana
- Maiden name: Nkayi
- Date of birth: November 6, 1978
- Children: Sinako, Imbo
- Occupation: Singer, actress, presenter
- Genres: Soul, R&B
- Nationality: SouthAfrica
Unathi Msengana is a South African singer, radio host and disc jockey who was born on November 6, 1987 in Grahamstown, Eastern Cape.
She’s best known for hosting shows on Youth station nad Metro FM show with Glen Lewis.
She had her secondary education at Victoria Girls High school and attended Rhodes University, Grahamstown, South Africa, where she studied Journalism and drama.
She got married to her husband, Thomas Msengana (Bad boy T) in 2009 after which she confirmed their seperation in 2017 (Eight years). The couple had two children, a son – Sinako and a daughter – Imbo.
She was a radio disc jockey at Metro FM in 2007 and had also replaced Mara Louw as a judge on the M-Net reality competition idols in 2011.
AWARDS AND NOMINATIONS
Unathi with a lot of talent, has been nominated and also awarded several awards.
- She was nominated twice at the South African music awards (SAMAs).
- She was nominated for best Urban Pop album at the SAMAs.
- She was named as one of the top ten people in media by the Star newspaper in 2004 and 2005.
- She was named most promising woman in media at the MTN Media Awards.
- She got two awards at the Metro FM music awrads for song of the year and bessed dressed artist.
- She was given the Glamour woman of the year at the Media Star in 2014.
UNATHI ALBUMS AND SONGS
Unathi who is also a singr and a song writer had shared the stage with several top musicians like John Lehend and Youssou N’Dour.
Some of her songs include: Sunini, Kwa Nolali,Kubhlungu, Run, Let him be, Nguwu.
Here is also a picture of Unathi Msengana before and after weight loss:
UNATHI SOCILA MEDIA PROFILE
Unathi on instagram @Unathi.co, on twitter @Unathimsegana.