Following Yemi Osinbajo's assent to these bills, the bills have now become acts of the national assembly.
However, this was made via a statement issued by the senior special assistant to the president on national assembly matters (Senate), Ita Enang.
According to Ita Enang, the bills consist of:
- Oaths (Amendment) Act, 2017;
- Defence Space Adminis- tration Act, 2017;
- Veterinary Surgeons (Amendment) Act, 2017;
- National Film and Video Censors Board (Amendment) Act, 2017;
- Pension Rights of Judges (Amendment) Act, 2017;
- Nigeria Institute of Soil Science Act, 2017;
- Mortgage Institutions (Amendment) Act, 2016.
Mr Osinbajo who is acting on behalf the president Muhammadu Buhari, has carried out several presidential duties since the president travelled on an extended medical vacation in he united kingdom, but this is the first time he is reported to have assented to National assembly bills.